The Foundation for
a Mindful Society
Working on your behalf to create a mindful society, fostering resilience, connection, and well-being for all
The Foundation’s Story
The nonprofit Foundation for a Mindful Society has a pretty simple mission: we support the work of mindfulness champions to increase health, well-being, kindness, and compassion in society.
We do this most visibly through our flagship publications, Mindful magazine and Mindful.org, as well as our digital media channels and special issues, which all together reach around 2 million people each month. Through these channels, we present evidence-based, trustworthy, accessible content about the benefits of mindfulness, meditation and related practices.
We are more than a media company
The Foundation also engages in social innovation projects and business collaborations that significantly advance mindfulness in society. We act as an objective voice and champion for the public good, and are committed to maintaining authenticity and integrity within the growing mindfulness field.
We are currently focused on three projects in high-leverage areas:
Mindful Cities Initiative
- We are working with visionary civic innovators bringing mindfulness training to city leadership from all sectors, starting with flagship projects in Flint, Michigan and Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
Mindfulness in Education
- We’re developing resources for mindful educators, including online events and other free online resources.
- We raise donations for nonprofits working in mindfulness and education through our annual challenge, Mindful30.
- We are co-hosting a groundbreaking Mindful Healthcare Summit in May 2019 looking at how mindfulness and compassion practices can support good patient care and help address the crisis of overwork and burnout among healthcare practitioners.
- We partner with healthcare services to integrate mindfulness and other self-care practices into their offerings for millions of members.
Your support makes these projects possible.
Please join us today.
We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, and all donations are tax-deductible where allowed by law. Your support enables key mindfulness initiatives that will bring greater health, well-being, compassion, and resilience into the world. And we thank you.