Is school a good thing?
What’s your ideal school type?
58% think public school is the best option. Private and independent schools tie in second place at 17% apiece. Almost no one likes the school of hard knocks (2%).
What was your favorite subject in school?
Only 3% chose gym. Because no one likes gym. Just kidding! Exercise is important.
Should meditation be taught in school?
95% say yes it should. We agree.
How do you keep in touch with old classmates?
42% use Facebook or other social media to stay in contact, and almost as many don’t keep in touch at all (41%).The rest opt for the occasional phone call (10%) or chat over coffee or lunch (7%).
What’s one thing you wish you’d learned in school?
- That it’s not all about the grades
- How to fix my computer
- Not to sweat the small stuff
- Jazz improvisation
- How to communicate with girls
- How to take life less seriously
- The value of curiosity
- How not to get pregnant
- How to be confident
- How to manage stress
- Financial planning and
What’s one lesson you learned at school that didn’t take place in a class or that wasn’t in the curriculum?
- How to make a good
- Bullies crush your spirit
- Competition kills creativity
- Girls are just as good as
boys at anything they
- Caring is everything
- Mean people suck 🙂
If you could change one thing about school, what would it be?
- NO STANDARDIZED
- Don’t teach things that you
can never use in real life
- Get rid of homework
- Have high school start later
in the morning
- No pep rallies
- More time for recess
What was your favorite school lunch?
- Bologna sandwich and Doritos
- Spaghetti served with a peanut butter sandwich
- Um, corn dogs!
- Tofu, rice, and steamed broccoli
- Creamed chipped beef on toast (shit on a shingle)
- Book under a tree with a Coke
- Home-bagged eggplant parmigiano!
- Probably something horrific like pizza…
- Roasted chicken with potatoes, peas, and
applesauce. This lunch was served in our public school cafeteria by women and
men who actually cooked lunches on site—it was the early ’60s