Come join the dynamic team at Mindful—a mission-driven media company that is dedicated to sharing mindfulness and meditation practices to support good health, positive relationships and a more compassionate society. We publish Mindful magazine and mindful.org, as well as associated newsletters, events, directories and courses. With a monthly audience of over two million, this is a chance to make a real impact. You’ll enjoy our positive, flexible and collaborative work culture.
We’re seeking a Senior Editor based in our Halifax, Nova Scotia office. The ideal candidate will be a skilled writer with strong digital savvy. You’ll thrive in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment that requires thinking on your feet and frequent reprioritization, and be able to find creative solutions to challenges. You’ll have strong communication skills, good organizational ability and enjoy working both independently and as part of a collaborative content team.
- Build and schedule articles
- Write and edit articles for Mindful.org and Mindful magazine
- Research and format photos for editorial use
- Craft, design and schedule social media posts and moderate online social media accounts
- Oversee production of weekly editorial newsletters and support production of other departments’ newsletters
- Collaborate with the art team to create visual stories for social
- Contribute to brainstorming content ideas
- Participate in production of new initiatives and special projects
- Collaborate with business development, advertising, marketing, and print teams on identified projects
- Build new magazine issue online
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong writing skills and ability to write for daily deadlines
- Content-management-system experience,
- Experience and enthusiasm for posting to social media platforms, knowledge of social media best practices, and experience using social media management platforms
- Familiarity with web and social analytics and SEO best practices
- Image editing experience
- Basic proficiency in audio and video production and editing, as well as basic graphics editing
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritize tasks
- A familiarity with (and ideally experience practicing) mindfulness and meditation
Additional Information: This is a full-time position based in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Note, we are not able to sponsor applicants for immigration to Canada. Salary is commensurate with qualifications. We offer flexible working arrangements, paid leave, and employer-paid health benefits. We are a supportive and inclusive workplace and encourage people from diverse communities, cultures and backgrounds to apply.
Deadline & Instructions for Application: Apply by Monday, December 23, 2019. Please submit both a cover letter and resume to hr(at)mindful.org, and include “Senior Editor” in the subject line.