The Mindful media team is seeking a colleague to join in the area of partnership management and new business development. This is a six-month term with the possibility of extension.
The Foundation for a Mindful Society (Mindful), an independent non-profit located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, is dedicated to inspiring, guiding and connecting anyone who wants to explore mindfulness—to enjoy better health, more caring relationships, and a more compassionate society. We use our media and community building expertise as the publishers of Mindful magazine and mindful.org to accomplish this. We also undertake initiatives that help support the mindfulness field more broadly, and are increasingly branching out into projects that look at mindfulness in connection with various sectors and civic institutions.
Our goal is to help support the work that’s being done and create new opportunities by telling stories, connecting people, providing vital information, and catalyzing key events and initiatives. In this way, we aspire to develop a community that will make mindfulness and mindfulness-based practices a routine part of North American society.
Working under the direction of the Executive Director and closely with the General Manager and other Mindful staff, as well as independently, the Interim Director, Business Development and Partnerships will broadly be responsible for:
- Overseeing the care and development of relations with key partner organizations
- Managing the successful completion all projects inherited from the current Director of Partnership
- Creating, developing and managing new projects that fulfill Mindful’s mission and develop new income streams, including conferences, content deals, and special projects
- Negotiating and managing sponsorships and affiliate programs
In doing so, the Interim Director, Business Development and Partnerships will work closely with the circulation, advertising, editorial and art departments to develop and implement emerging initiatives.
Specific qualifications, skills, and experience:
- established record of success in initiating and managing projects and campaigns
- proven ability to build and maintain positive relationships
- understanding and spirit of entrepreneurship
- well-honed organizational skills
- excellent written and verbal communications skills
- creative and strategic thinking skills
- marketing and/or publishing experience an asset
- interest and/or experience in mindfulness an asset
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Deadline for Applications: August 18, 2017
Apply by email with “Interim Director, Business Development and Partnerships” in the subject line and attaching covering letter and resume to Cindy Littlefair at [email protected]