Mindful magazine and its digital equivalent, mindful.org, are looking for an Associate Web Editor to join their digital team. The organization’s mission is to support the work being done in the field of mindfulness, creating new opportunities by telling stories, connecting people, providing vital information, and catalyzing key events and initiatives, and making mindfulness and its practice a routine part of North American society. The Associate Web Editor, working with a small team of digital professionals in the area of editorial, will help serve this goal by creating content posts for Mindful.org, overseeing newsletter production, and scheduling social media posts. This is a permanent full-time position.
Working under the direction of the Editor, Mindful Digital, the Associate Web Editor will broadly be responsible for:
- Building and scheduling article posts
- Formatting posts for SEO
- Searching for and formatting images
- Participate in production of special projects with other departments
- Writing articles for the website
- Regularly feeding website with content from the latest issue of the print magazine
- Writing and scheduling all social media posts
- Overseeing and contributing to production of email newsletter campaigns
- Assist with production of mobile edition
The Associate Web Editor will report to the Editor, Mindful Digital and work under the direction of the Deputy Editor, Mindful Digital.
Specific Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or Communications
- Strong writing skills — able to write for daily deadlines
- Content management system experience; specifically WordPress and mobile platform MAZ
- Experience and enthusiasm for posting to social media platforms including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google-Plus
- Knowledge of HTML and experience with image editing, Photoshop preferred
- Knowledge of SEO and social media best practices, including calls to action, hashtags, and tagging as well as experience using social media management platforms such as Hootsuite and Buffer
- Facility with email and newsletter tool Mailchimp
- Familiarity with web and social analytics
The Foundation for a Mindful Society (Mindful), an independent non-profit located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, is dedicated to inspiring, guiding and connecting anyone who wants to explore mindfulness—to enjoy better health, more caring relationships, and a more compassionate society. We use our media and community building expertise as the publishers of Mindful magazine and mindful.org to accomplish this.
Salary is $27,000 to 30,000 (CAD). Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.
Deadline for Applications: February 9, 2018.
Apply by email with “Associate Web Editor” in the subject line and attaching covering letter and resume to Cindy Littlefair at [email protected]