The Mindful media team is seeking a colleague to join the advertising sales team. This is a permanent full-time position.
The Foundation for a Mindful Society (Mindful), an independent non-profit located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, is dedicated to inspiring, guiding and connecting anyone who wants to explore mindfulness—to enjoy better health, more caring relationships, and a more compassionate society. We use our media and community building expertise as the publishers of Mindful magazine and mindful.org to accomplish this. We also undertake initiatives that help support the mindfulness field more broadly, and are increasingly branching out into projects that look at mindfulness in connection with various sectors and civic institutions.
Working under the direction of the Advertising Director, the Advertising Sales Assistant will broadly be responsible for:
- Print Ad Sales including:
- Direct ad sales of Mindful Marketplace
- Ad Trafficking for regular print magazines and special issues
- Print & Digital administrative responsibilities, including:
- Ad Trafficking
- Advertiser client customer service
- Mindful Online Ad Directory
- Interdepartmental coordination representing ad department
- Salesforce CRM sales support & reporting
In the post-close sales process, the ASA performs proactive customer service by requesting and tracking ad materials and ensuring customer ads and revisions for all channels are in place, on schedule–and for multiple insertions, version-correct. In addition, the ASA coordinates with the accounting department invoicing for the ad department and advertising-related reporting to the business.
Specific Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- University or college degree in Business or Commerce or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to convert inquiries into sales.
- General knowledge of sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Able to perform basic math and calculations.
- Experience with Trello, SendMyAd preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce and/or other customer relationship management (CRM) software.
- Good knowledge of MS Office suite of programs.
- Ability to relationship-build.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Customer Focus.
Salary range is $27,000 to $30,000. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.
Deadline for Applications: February 9, 2018
Apply by email with “Advertising Sales Assistant” in the subject line and attaching covering letter and resume to Cindy Littlefair at [email protected]