Halifax, Nova Scotia
Do you pride yourself on being on top of things? Prepared? Would you self-describe as an office ninja? Mindful magazine is looking for a cracker-jack organizer and people-person who can manage office resources, provide support, and be the administrative glue that holds it all together. The ideal Administrative Assistant must have a jump-in-and-get-it-done attitude, be technically savvy, demonstrate exceptional customer service, and see it as a point of pride to meet the many and diverse needs of a busy office environment. An affinity for the mission of giving the world the mindful tools it needs to make it a better place wouldn’t hurt either.
Who we are:
Mindful is an independent nonprofit media company located in Halifax dedicated to inspiring, guiding and connecting anyone who wants to explore mindfulness—to enjoy better health, more caring relationships, and a more compassionate society. Check out our website at mindful.org.
What you’ll be doing:
- Office Management: attending to the flow of people, physical resources, space, and needs.
- Administration: providing staff support and performing ongoing business-related functions.
- Research: building and tracking quizzes and surveys in Survey Monkey and MailChimp
- Email: managing permissions and brokering and responding to industry and other inquiries.
- Support business and post-issue production needs of editorial and art departments: payables, review copy requests, publisher relations, preparing PDFs for distribution and digital publication.
What you need to have:
- Experience in office environment.
- Proficiency with office technology including MAC and PC operating systems and applications and the Microsoft suite of applications.
- Comfort with and/or willingness to learn back-end of relevant web applications and creating PDFs with Adobe InDesign.
- Aptitude and enthusiasm for providing support.
- Ability to manage time and demands and prioritize.
This full time permanent position is located in Halifax. The salary will take experience into account. All benefits – health, dental, and vision – are employer-paid, and the work week is 35 hours. The office itself is architect-designed and located in the city’s vibrant north end. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] and include “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line. Deadline: March 2, 2018.