Come join the dynamic team at Mindful—a mission-driven media company that is dedicated to sharing secular mindfulness to support good health, positive relationships and a compassionate society. With a monthly audience of over two million, this is a chance to make a real impact! You’ll enjoy our positive, flexible, and collaborative work culture.
We’re seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant based in Halifax, NS. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, energetic and well-organized. You’ll love providing support to different departments at Mindful and adding value to our small team by offering suggestions for new ideas or improved processes. You’ll also enjoy connecting with people through customer service for our clients and audience members. You’ll thrive in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment, and will work well collaboratively and independently as needed.
- Serve as first point of contact for customer service inquiries and audience feedback.
- Work with advertising clients to ensure a smooth payment process.
- Provide print production support to the editorial team.
- Process specialized subscription orders and other special shipment requests.
- Manage inventory on Shopify and follow-up with related payment and invoicing.
- Help manage physical office inventory and magazine archive.
- Provide administrative support as needed to various teams at Mindful.
- Other duties as requested.
Qualifications and skills:
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational ability
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Comfortable working with numbers and finances
- Flexible and resourceful in the face of change and new challenges
- Ability to calmly manage competing priorities
- Interest and background in mindfulness
- Proficiency with office technology and software and willingness to learn back-end of relevant web applications.
Additional Information: This is a full-time position based in our Halifax office. Salary is commensurate with qualifications. Flexible working arrangements, paid leave, and employer-paid health benefits. We are a supportive and inclusive workplace and encourage people from diverse communities, cultures and backgrounds to apply.
Deadline for Applications: Will remain open until position is filled. Seeking to hire ASAP.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Cindy Littlefair at [email protected] Please be sure to include “Administrative Assistant (FMS)” in the subject line.