Job Posting: National Advertising Account Manager
We are seeking a new member of the Mindful team to help us launch Mindful magazine and website.
Mindful is being launched by the Foundation for a Mindful Society, an independent non-profit located in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Mindful seeks to become the voice of the fast-emerging mindfulness movement. Its mission is to inspire, guide, and connect all those who want to live with awareness and compassion, to enjoy the proven benefits of mindfulness practices, and to create a more mindful and caring society. Mindful supports the growth of mindful practices in all aspects of secular modern life, and is not affiliated with any particular spiritual or sectarian approach.
This is an ideal position for an individual with demonstrated experience as an advertising solution specialist, and the drive necessary to work independently, perhaps in a home-based work environment. The charter issue arrives on newsstands and by subscription February 2013 with circulation across North America expected in the 70,000 range to begin.
Specific duties include:
- Execution of sales, and coordination/planning of advertising campaigns for National, Regional & local accounts.
- Identifying new potential advertisers, promoting the benefits of advertising within Mindful.
- Working closely with Publisher’s office, liaise with existing partners/affiliates in facilitating their advertising goals within Mindful.
- Advise and recommend creative approaches that improve an advertiser’s competitive position, contributing in a positive way to the overall brand of Mindful.
- Excellent sales acumen, with 5-7 years of advertising sales experience, ideally with a national magazine publication;
- Comprehensive knowledge of both the magazine publishing industry, and the needs of advertising clients in developing and executing value-added strategies that lend themselves to strengthening Mindful magazine’s position in the marketplace;
- Strong communication, negotiating, and influence skills. Creative and strategic thinking abilities;
- An interest in our mission of mobilizing a forum for readers to build a mindful society.
- A mindful practice and some general knowledge of the mindful movement would be beneficial.
Salary/commission structure commensurate with experience. Please respond with resume and cover letter prior to August 21, 2012, attention: firstname.lastname@example.org