Have a mindful Hallowe'en
Pop that candy bar out of your mouth and enjoy some tips for a perfectly mindful Hallows' Eve.
Photo © flickr.com/Stranger3113
- Want to take a mindful approach to Hallowe'en with your kids? In Hallowe'en with "Mindful Angels?" Mindful.org publisher James Gimian suggests you can — and asks for your ideas.
- So you've got a house full of chocolate. Now what? Start by reading what Dr. Susan Albers has to say about Mindfully Eating Chocolate.
- Are there ways to be less wasteful and more environmental at Hallowe'en? Yes, writes Idealistblog's Celeste Hamilton Dennis. Read her ideas for a mindful Hallowe'en.
- Hallowe-en needs more death. Oliver Burkeman over at Slate Magazine looks into the sociology behind our feelings about of death (death awareness) to make the case that a little reminiscing on our mortality actually makes us happier.
- The Death Café is on the rise. People are getting together and talking about death. This video below talks about a cafe in July, but why not one for October?